Saturday, May 1, 2010

Genetics.

When I was a little girl, if I got up really late at night, I would go out to the living room, and I would find my mother.

She is a night owl.

Almost without fail, she would be there, eating red pudding and watching something--the Star Trek films are what I remember most.

If I got up at just the right time, she would share a bowl of red pudding with me.
That was the best thing ever.

I understand why she was a night owl. The peace while children sleep. Cleaning up a house or a room and having it stay clean--even for just a little while.

If you came to my house and woke up late, you'd find watching movies. Probably Harry Potter. Maybe Sense and Sensibility. And eating red pudding.

I would share a bowl with you.

My daughter has discovered this habit of mine, that I got from my own mother. She loves to join me for "Girl's Nights."

No one can tell me that those moments of parenthood aren't the best, most magical things ever.

2 comments:

  1. BECCA - I have had some of these magic moments as well with my 2 older ones. They come creeping down the stairs and I can just see on their faces that they expect to be sent back up, but on some occasions I have let them linger and even have a little night time treat... They love it. And I love it. And it is GOOD time together.

    And yes - WHAT is red pudding please?

    ReplyDelete