Tuesday, February 23, 2010

100 Goals.

I've posted before about my list of 100 goals. The one that I made for a psychology assignment my senior year of high school. It's important to me, that list. Even when my older brother says "You know, everyone else in that class just threw those lists away. Let it go."

I'm pretty sure that he's just jealous. Because even though he has his PhD from some fancy shmancy university in Cambridge, what's the joy in that if you didn't get to cross "GET PHD" off your list??

I rest my case.
Anyway, back to my list.

Every year, I try to work on two or three of these goals. Some of them just happen without my even thinking about them. That was how I crossed off "Drink hot chocolate in the Alps in January." Just happened to be in the Alps. In January. Drinking hot chocolate.

But some take a bit more effort. Goal #62 on my list, which is stored in the file right next to my marriage certificate and our passports, is this: Gather honey.

So for Christmas, my fabulous Spouse paid $30 and enrolled me in the Mecklenburg County Bee School. No huge commitment. Here, take some classes. You all read my blog, you know this.

Well.

Several weeks and a *lot* more than 30 dollars later. I am anxiously anticipating the arrival of my darlings...
As well as all the fun stuff that come with them:
I feel like it's Christmas Eve. I cannot WAIT.
And you know what it means? Not only does it mean a fabulous checkmark next to the number 62 on my list, but it also means a celebratory gift for you, my lovely readers.
Free honey this fall.
Because my followers may be few, but I sure love 'em. :)

6 comments:

  1. that is so awesome. I am so excited for you Becca!

    p.s.- i like your new header!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait! I totally thought I was a follower. How did I get unfollowered? OK, I swear I'm not following for the honey, but I do love honey, just so you know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Beekeeper Becca -- I am SO EXCITED for my first installment of honey, as I am a loyal fan of your blog... and of you! Do post pictures of you with your beekeeper hat! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! Seriously. I assure you that keeping bees was the furthest thing from my mind as a high school gal. I'm stunned at your aspirations then, and even more impressed that you continue to GO AFTER these goals. I am such a follower...I just can't post my "follower" picture because I 1. don't know how and 2. don't have my own blog. But I follow! Trust me. xoxo C.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you ship internationally? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete