Sunday, October 4, 2009

Detox.

Earlier this week, before 7:00 in the morning, Thing 2 demanded the following for breakfast:

1. Chocolate
2. Little Chocolate
3. Starbursts
4. Hot dogs
5. Cheese
6. Chocolate
7. Ramen Noodles

All attempts I made at "How about cereal? How about eggs? How about yogurt?" were quickly rebuffed in the strongest terms, using an unearthly, growling voice.
As I tried to convince the two year old of the delicious nature of peaches, I began to realize that we are in desperate need of a junk food "detox" before we enter the Halloween to Christmas Candy Marathon. And when I say "We" I mean "all of us"...or at least those of us that are too short to reach the M&Ms.

Day 1 was tolerable.
Day 2 was a nightmare.
Day 3 resembled a hutu uprising.
Day 4 isn't going so well:


Oh well. There's always tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I clicked over to your blog from Steph's blog and oh my gosh! I have been dealing with the same little candyholic children at my house. We definitely need detoxing, and I have been trying this week but seem to face sabotage everywhere I turn.

    And yes, thank goodness there's always tomorrow!

    Good luck to both of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We try to be somewhat reasonable with the sugar thing...it gets harder when they're old enough to start stashing in their rooms.:} Crazy boys!
    Previous post - chocolate and cheese

    ReplyDelete