Monday, June 8, 2009

Monday: My Unedited Life

Truth. Absolute truth. There is such a thing, you know. And on this Monday morning, part of my absolute truth includes the following:

I gave my son cake for breakfast. Have you discovered Pioneer Woman and her food? She makes bazillions of dollars from her blog, and one of the things she does on said blog (there are several things) is share recipes. And these recipes... oh my. Let's just say that Lane Bryant is happy I discovered these recipes. They induce labor, increase libido, cure cancer, rid your face of fine lines and wrinkles, potty train your children, and pay for their college. I'm pretty sure. My favorite one, so far, is her Grandma Iny's Prune Cake. (Don't knock it til you've tried it.) I made it every weekend for awhile. And this morning, my son got a huge, carmelly slice on his plate. Happy kid, happy mama.

I rearranged our furniture on Friday and, as part of that, we disconnected the antenna. I decided not to reconnect it. No more PBS Kids. Auf wiedersehen, Curious George. Adieu, Sid the Science Kid. Ciao, Super Readers. How I will miss thee. I don't know how I'm going to survive the summer without you. But I always swore that I wouldn't be "that mom"... the one who had the TV on all day. Guess what? I am that mom.

I've decided to give up shampoo. As an experiment. Apparently, you can do a baking soda rinse followed by a honey rinse, and your hair turns into shimmery, shiny loveliness. In other words: not my hair. (Do you think it could make it curly? ) Anyway. It's supposed to take a couple weeks for the oil producers in your head to get the message that you've stopped pouring detergent on them and quit cranking out barrels of oil every day. I can tell I'm about to look like I haven't showered in weeks. Which brings me to my new best friend: hats. I'll let you know how it goes.

My scale doesn't lie. It isn't "off." The battery isn't running out. And my pants didn't shrink in the dryer. Darn the luck. And this despite my steady diet of aspartame.

Wish me luck! *grin*

4 comments:

  1. I love your writing- you make me laugh every time... well, at least when I'm supposed to *grin* I MISS you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck with the no tv. you are braver (crazier?) than i am!

    i am totally going to go shampoo free too! haven't stared yet. i am weaning my scalp. i currently only wash my hair like every four days. i will rinse but not wash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, my new favorite thing to read are these unedited life posts. So much fun! I don't think I could even produce so much truth. :-)

    ReplyDelete