Thursday, August 30, 2012

You can let go now...

Yesterday was my son's first day of Kindergarten.
He was unbelievably excited.
And worried that we would forget to wake him up, so he wants his own alarm clock. (Valid. There will come a day when we forget to wake him up, and it will probably be next week.)

He wanted to take the school bus, but I insisted on driving him--this first day.
We got out of the car and I reached for his hand as we crossed the parking lot, and snapped this shot to the side. I didn't want him to notice the camera.

The truth is, as I reached for his hand, I realized that he doesn't really need to hold my hand anymore. So I really cherish every little second left when he's *willing* to hold *mine*.

We crossed the parking lot and reached the front doors when he let go, with a shake. Seeming to say "You can let go, Mom. Really."

So much easier to say than to do.

1 comment:

  1. Love love loved this post!!! The picture is priceless. You completely captured the thoughts of parents the world over...me included, and brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for sharing! Go Thing 2!

    ReplyDelete