Friday, September 23, 2011

Typical Me.

Today, I woke up and my first thought was "Yay! It's the first day of fall!!" I had planned a welcome fall party today for my kids and few friends. Just something small.

I thought about the 12 yards of black tulle that I used to make a cool wreath I found online. Something kind of spooky and new for our house. I thought about those 6 perfectly dipped caramel apples in our fridge, ready to be dipped in melted chocolate. Yum. Crafts, decorations, a fun fall movie. It is going to be a great day!

And then I got out of bed.
Which is when the reality of being me set in rather quickly.

The wreath... wilted... overnight.


Thing 3 puked at the breakfast table.

Out of desperation, I tried to eat one of the caramel apples for breakfast.
And almost broke a tooth.
These things are not edible.
AND, we have a flash flood warning because of rain "at rates of 1 to 5 inches per hour." At this point, I know exactly where that flash flood is going to happen.

To quote my favorite tv show, "Where's a cliff when you need one?"

1 comment:

  1. Isn't is good that eventually today becomes yesterday? "and it came to pass"- you had a good day going (starch for the wreath, heat for the caramel on the apple...) until the sick child at the breakfast table. That is, well, enough- enough to change your plans anyway. Thanks for the window into young parenthood- sometimes I am surprised about the little everyday things that I have kind of forgotten. (conveniently... after all, who wants to remember sick kids at meal time? or in the car, for that matter.. or in their bed in the middle of the night, or worse, in YOUR bed.) Maybe I remember more than I thought!

    ReplyDelete